TOTAL STEM SYSTEM SOLUTION (TSSS) consists of 4 MODULES below to “prepare students better for STEM Careers and College”
With 80% Matching Grant from NEF and SUNY, you pay 20%, that is, $145 per module listed below or $490 for all 4 Modules:
Funding Sources for the 20%:
FEDERAL: Title I, Title III, STEM, IDEA, SSAE, 21st Century Learning Center etc.
STATE: BOCES, CTE, STEM etc.
LOCAL: School Foundation, Community Foundation, Employer CSR, Employer Training by SUNY, etc.
OTHER: Matching grants, Foundation Grants, Corporate Grants, Fundraisers etc.
1. ACADEMICS (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Reading, Social Studies, Test Prep, Business, IT, Desktop, CTE etc.)– proven (State University of New York- SUNY evaluation) to advance students one grade level in 25-35 learning hours by using top-rated individualized learning mapped to your state standards, student incentives, teacher stipends, parent incentives, mentoring, teacher professional development, SUNY certificates and credits, and weekly evaluations by SUNY.
- Students advanced ONE GRADE LEVEL in Math & ELA in just six months at Somerton SD, AZ (100% F/R meals, 90% bilingual students).
- Students in Steubenville SD, OH went from the bottom 50% to the top 10% in Ohio state test scores, besides getting very engaged in STEM.
2. HANDS-ON – Student teams use Robots and Robotic programs mapped to NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) to prepare for specific STEM careers such as computer science.
|3. APPLICATION- STEM Design Contest by SUNY: Using Minecraft/CAD Design Software, student teams learn coding & programming, and apply STEM and 21st century skills (critical thinking, problem solving, communication, teamwork, relationship) to design smart house (K-5 grades), smart town (grades 6-8) and smart city (grades 9-12). Winners receive awards at school, district, state and national levels.|| |
4. CAREER PREP– High School Students can take courses to prepare them for specific STEM/CTE careers in
- IT: CyberSecurity (CS), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet Of Things (IOT), Data Science (DS), Cloud Computing (CC), Computer Science
- Soft Skills: Project Management (PM), Critical Thinking (CT), Problem Solving (PS), Communication & Marketing (CM), Teamwork & Relationship (TR) and Entrepreneurship — Students can earn 3 credits and certificates from SUNY for each of the 12 courses listed above.
- Requisites for Job: Successful completion of two of the first 6 IT courses (Computer Science course is mandatory), and two of the second 6 Soft skills course (Communication course is mandatory), along with successful participation in Robotics mapped to NGSS standards, and/or STEM Design Contest by SUNY, will help a high school graduate to walk into a good STEM job or be better prepared to pursue STEM areas in college.